Are you, your friends, or family looking for somewhere to take advantage of the Arizona Tax Credit for school donations? STEP UP School invites all interested people to donate to STEP UP. One easy way, is through utilizing the Arizona State Tax Credit. This tax credit can be for up to a maximum of $200 per individual tax filer, or $400 per joint tax return. It is easy to donate. Complete the bottom portion of this form and either mail the form and your check to 44 E 5th St, Mesa, AZ 85201, or bring your check by the school during regular business hours, Monday through Friday 8am – 4pm. Donations for the current tax year are accepted if received or postmarked by April 15 2020.
Tax credit donations can be made using a credit card or via Paypal.
- What is a tax credit? A tax credit is different from a tax deduction, in that for each eligible dollar contributed, there is a tax dollar decrease. This is a wonderful way to put your tax dollars where you would like for them to be spent.
- How are these donations spent? Tax credit donations will be used to cover costs of our after school program which includes tutoring, enrichment programs, and chess.
- Do I need to be an Arizona Resident? Yes.
- Do I need to have students at STEP UP? No, you don’t need to have students attending STEP UP.
- How much may I donate to use the tax credit? Up to: $200 per individual tax filer, $400 per joint return.
- Can my employer match my donation? Yes they may! Please check with your employer or your company website for availability.